Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Bath & Body Works 3 Wick Candles Review!

Is it just me or is there a candle epidemic going on right now? I feel like I have been left out on all the candle loving madness with everyone raving about their favorite scents/brands. Every You-tube haul video I watch has candles of some sort in it. So I thought fine, I shall have to see for myself about this candle hooplah. And to be honest, I have always loved the way candles burn, probably more than the scent some give off. Its the way the little fire dances while coating the burned wick. Turn out the lights, and watch that magnificent candle burn. Did I pretend I was living in the 18th century, yea okay sometimes. But that's not where I'm going with this.

I decided to go ahead and buy some candles, the big fat fat fat ones. In this case, from Bath and Body Works. I have heard countless amazing things about the candles from B&BW, specifically the 3 wick candles. So I purchased two: Peach Bellini and Caribbean Escape. Yes, its winter time but I don't really like the holiday scents and what not. The nose likes what the nose likes. And these 3 wick candles were my very first ever from any store/brand/company. Ever. Yup. 

So here are a collection of my thoughts after burning Caribbean Escape for the first time:

The candle in the jar smells like heaven. (Without burning). The wicks smell kinda funky, should wicks even smell like anything? (After burning)



The candle burned relatively evenly. The three wicks really helped to melt a deep layer of wax enough to allow the scent to cover the entire room. I've used smaller candles before, but they never gave off this much of a scent. I mentioned the wicks having a strange smell, well that faded after the second time I lit my candle. Maybe it was just me. Either way, I loved this scent, smells like a tropical Hawaiian breeze. Amazingness!




Here the candle was being lit for the very first time. The wax began to pool after about 3 minutes  and the scent followed right after. Tip: Allow the wax to melt into a complete circle. This will allow the candle to burn evenly each time, and it won't look lumpy.




So I burned this little guy for about 3 hours. Bits of the wicks fell into the melted wax, but that's okay. By now, my room was filled with the delicious aroma of coconuts and mangoes.  And the scent lingered for quite some time after I blew the flames out. Very nice. 




The wicks made this weird popping noise when I first lit them, and after I blew out the little fires, I noticed that they formed this tree-like shape. I have never seen that on a candle before. Must be something on the coating of the wick. Didn't affect the candle in anyway. 




Overall, I loved this candle! I was impressed by the scent through, and the lastingness of it. I have yet to burn Peach Bellini, but I'm definitely going to repurchase Caribbean Escape for sure. The  B&BW three wick candles are great quality and sturdy. These also make a really amazing gift. 




I went and bought two more candles recently: Beach Cabana and another Caribbean escape. And then I saw these pretty "candle covers." (Mine were $5 each) They are made from a thin metal material and slip right around the candle. It makes my candle look so cute and the metal reflects off the flames and shines, which is really cool to look at. 


So yea, im obsessed with these candles now. And the best part is that these are actually very affordable. Each candle retails for about $20. However, Bath and Body Works has a 2 for $20 sale on candles every now and then. That sale combined with a $10 off $30 coupon, makes these a great deal. Buy two candles and two metal "candle covers" for just $20 plus tax (with coupon). That's like getting the covers for free! 

Note: The coupon can be found on B&BW Facebook page, or just sign up for the newsletters to get coupons and promos straight in your inbox!


Disclaimer: All products shown and mentioned were bought with my own money, this is not a sponsored post. All opinions and views are my own. 

-HiRA

2 comments:

  1. Thanks a lot for your review. I just got my first candle from B&BW as a gift and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very appreciative of your review!!! Awesome ��
    I'm looking forward to buying their candles in the near future

    ReplyDelete